3.22.2012

Studmuffin.

Yesterday my best friend and I went thrifting for some cute shorts and then got out our studs and went to town. This was my first studding experience, and I learned a few things along the way. (1) Your fingers will hate you. The front of the studs that we got weren't sharp, but the parts that stick into the material....are from the devil. I don't know what it is like when you have a studding tool, but if you only use your hands, beware. (2) It takes a while. (3) Studs look good on everything. Seriously. Pull out something in your closet and envision studs on it (in a tasteful way, of course). Looks pretty rockin', right? Here are my thrifted shorts, with just a tiny bit of studding.
This is my 3-quarter sleeve jacket with some added metal.
I will definitely be experimenting with this more in the near future! <3-GM

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Those studs look awesome! I've always wanted to try this out, but I'm too scared I'll buy the studs and never actually finish a project. :P

Grace Marie said...

I bought mine a few months ago (they are super cheap on ebay!), and just got around to using them the other day. So I say go for it, Madeline! Buy them and then wait for a rainy day to bring them out! It's 2 dollars very well spent!